Dallas Stars (39-26-5, 83 pts) @ Winnipeg Jets (32-29-8, 72 pts)
7:30 PM CT, March 14, 2012
MTS Centre, Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
The Stars just keep on rolling through their March schedule. They beat the Minnesota Wild last night to get to a season high six game winning streak and have now gotten 21 of a possible 22 points in the last 11 games.
Dallas has a tough test tonight though as they take on the Winnipeg Jets on the backend of a back-to-back, something that Dallas has really struggled with this season. The Stars are 1-9-1 on second nights but they are so hot right now that it probably doesn't even matter. The only win for the Stars in this situation (4-1 over the Wild) came in game three of this amazing points streak for the Stars. They get another chance tonight to gain some room against the other Pacific Division teams with a very winnable game.
Richard Bachman should be getting the start tonight so that Kari Lehtonen can be fresh for a game against the Chicago Blackhawks. Bachman's last game was a 5-2 win on the road over the Vancouver Canucks. He's been great on the road this year, beating the Canucks, Blackhawks and New York Rangers. A tough road venue won't get to Bachman's head.
Dallas will be without Sheldon Souray again tonight unless he makes a miraculous recovery. Radek Dvorak is also questionable with an ankle injury that he suffered crashing into the boards.
Notes and thoughts:
- The Stars are 9-0-1 against Canadian teams this season.
- Dallas is 19-14-2 on the road. They've won six straight away from home.
- Jamie Benn is on a four game point streak. One more point will give him a career high.
- Michael Ryder needs one more goal to set a career high for him in that category.
- The Stars are 11-1-1 all-time against the Atlanta Thrashers/Winnipeg Jets. The change in venue makes all the difference in this team though. The Jets are a tough team to beat at home.
- The Stars PK is 24 of 24 in the last eight games. That number will be tested tonight as the Jets have the best home PP in the league.
more after the jump