December was a roller coaster month for the Stars. They beat good teams and lost to bad teams. They saw players come back from injury but suffered more injuries as the month wore on.
Dallas played 13 games in the month of December, none of them reaching overtime and went 7-6-0. They enter the first game of the new year with 43 points, good enough for 10th place in the Western Conference and 3rd in the Pacific Division.
The stats below are only for the month of December unless noted otherwise. For the power-play and shorthanded times, I've put in their times for December with the season totals in parenthesis.
GP = Games Played TOI = Time on ice TOI/G = Time on ice per game
PP TOI = Power-play time on ice SH TOI = Shorthanded time on ice
Forwards (Ordered by TOI/G)
||TOI (Season)||TOI/G (December)
||PP TOI (season)
||SH TOI (season)
- Ribeiro continues to lead the team in just about every TOI category for the team. His TOI, PP TOI, SH TOI and average TOI for December were all season highs. He had his best statisical month of the season and led the team with 12 points (4 goals and 8 assists). His previous best was in the month of October when he had 1 goal and 7 assists.
- Krys Barch played one game, the very first game in December against Ottawa, before getting traded to the Florida Panthers. He had 7:26 of ice time.
- Vincour suffered a knee injury and missed the last seven games of the month. He had been seeing less ice time anyway once Adam Burish returned to the team.
- With most of the forwards now healthy, Burish finds himself on the 4th line now. There's going to be a huge reduction in his ice time.
- The Nystrom-Fiddler-Dvorak line is getting the consistent 14 minutes of ice time per game now. They've often been the best looking line on the ice for the Stars.
- The PP times could change as Gulutzan went with an interesting 1st unit in the game against Boston. He had four forwards (Ribeiro, Morrow, Ryder and Benn) and Goligoski out there.
Defensemen (Ordered by TOI/G)
||TOI (Season)||TOI/G (November)
||PP TOI (season)
||SH TOI (season)|
||49:39 (96:59)|| 9:57 (28:09)
||13||241:11||649:29||18:33||20:21||2:13 (3:07)||29:32 (86:32)
||8||130:38||430:50||16:20||16:49||0:00 (0:39)||12:38 (53:49)
||7||107:58||300:37||15:25||16:53||0:36 (0:45)||3:57 (16:33)
- Robidas missed the last 5 games of the month with a foot injury. Souray missed the last 3 games with an ankle injury.
- Goligoski made a full return from his broken hand and started to lead the team in ice time averages. The power-play finally saw some success after a dismal November as he returned to that unit.
- When Goligoski was out for much of November, the Stars scored 2 PP goals. Once he returned, the Stars got back a little more production and scored 7 PP goals.