The Stars head into their December schedule with a 14-9-1 (29 pts) record. That puts them in first place in the Pacific Division by one point over the LA Kings and in the third spot in the Western Conference. As of November 29, the Stars are 8-3-1 at home and 6-6-0 on the road.
The reward for their solid play at the start of the season? Their longest road trip of the season that takes them from West Coast to East Coast as they experience some games against the Eastern Conference. Dallas plays 13 games in the month of December, seven of them against their Eastern foes.
They only have three games against teams in the Pacific Division, one each against the Sharks, Kings and Ducks so if they catch a break with all these injuries that they are dealing with.
Here's the schedule for December, with a record for each team as of November 29.
Two game home stand
- Thurs. Dec 1 vs Ottawa (11-10-2, 24 pts, 5-6-1 road record). - Both Brenden Morrow and Trevor Daley are expected to be back for this game.
- Sat. Dec 3 vs NY Islanders (6-11-4, 16 pts, 1-5-2 road record).
Five game road trip
- Thurs. Dec 8 at San Jose Sharks (13-7-1, 27 pts, 6-4-1 home record).
- Sat. Dec 10 at LA Kings (12-8-4, 28 pts, 7-6-1 home record).
- Tues. Dec 13 at NY Rangers (12-5-3, 27 pts, 6-1-1 home record).
- Thurs. Dec 15 at NY Islanders (6-11-4, 16 pts, 5-6-2 home record). - Alex Goligoski is expected to be back by either this or the NY Rangers game.
- Fri. Dec 16 at NJ Devils (12-9-1, 25 pts, 5-4-1 home record). - Adam Burish should be back by this game
Three game home stand
- Mon. Dec 19 vs Anaheim Ducks (6-13-4, 16 pts, 2-5-4 road record). - This is the earliest that Kari Lehtonen can return. I doubt he'll be back here though.
- Wed. Dec 21 vs Philadelphia Flyers (13-7-3, 29 pts, 7-3-1 road record).
- Fri. Dec 23 vs Nashville Predators (11-8-4, 26 pts, 7-5-1 road record).
One game road trip
- Mon. Dec 26 at St. Louis Blues (13-8-2, 28 pts, 8-2-1 home record).
Start of a three game home stand
- Thurs. Dec 29 vs Columbus Blue Jackets (6-14-3, 15 pts, 1-7-2 road record).
- Sat. Dec 31 vs Boston Bruins (14-7-1, 29 pts, 5-2-0 road record).