The NHL released the 2011-2012 schedules for all teams today so I thought I'd just take a quick peek at who the Stars play month-by-month. The full schedule can be seen here.
- Dallas opens the season on Friday, Oct. 7 at home against the Chicago Blackhawks. You'll remember Chicago as the team that just beat the Stars for that final playoff spot this past season
- Their road opener is the very next night, Oct. 8 at Chicago as the second part of their home-and-home series.
- The Stars will play six games at home and five games on the road in October. 5 games will be against Pacific Division foes.
- 6 home games, 7 road games in November. 3 games this month will be against division foes.
- Dallas will play Alex Ovechkin and the Washington Capitals for the only time this season on Nov. 8, unfortunately a road game.
- Their next game on Nov. 11 will be at Pittsburgh, where Stars' fans will get their first look at the the new (healthy?) Sidney Crosby.
- 7 home games, 6 road games in December. 3 games against the Pacific Division.
- Tuesday, Dec. 13 could be a huge date for the Stars as they travel to New York to play the Rangers; a team that could be employing Brad Richards at that time.
- Dallas has one of their longest road trips in this month as they take a five game swing across the country. They start out Tuesday, Dec. 8 at San Jose before heading off to play Los Angeles, New York Rangers, New York Islanders and finish up Dec. 16 at the New Jersey Devils.
- The rematch of the year for Stars' fans could be on New Year's Eve as the Stanley Cup Champion Boston Bruins travel into Dallas. As you might remember, the last time these two teams met, there were 3 fights in the first 4 seconds. By the time the game was over, Dallas had three players that would miss extended time due to injuries suffered during the fights or from taking huge hits.
- 6 home games, 5 road games in January. 3 games against the Pacific Division.
- Dallas will play the Minnesota Wild on Jan. 21. Minnesota knocked the Stars out of the playoffs this past season when they beat Dallas in the final game of the season.
- 8 home games, 8 away games this month. 5 games against the Pacific Division.
- The Pittsburgh Penguins visit the AAC on Feb. 29, the only chance Stars' fans will have this year of seeing Crosby and crew live.
- 6 home games, 9 road games in March. 4 games played against the Pacific Division.
- Wednesday, March 14 will be an interesting one as Dallas travels to play the still-yet-to-named Winnipeg team. This will be the only time Dallas plays them this season.
- The Stars end the month on a four game road trip against Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver and San Jose.
- Dallas has three games during the final month of the season. Home to San Jose, at Nashville and then the season finale at home against the St. Louis Blues.